Monday, January 26, 2015

God is a matron.

The curse of the restless.
No activity feels right.
Always trying to grasp the ‘something better’ that seems out of reach but is definitely out there.
The television beckons while reading.
Books beckon while watching television.
The internet charms whenever it pleases.
Music, Movies, Travel.
Learning something new. A dance form. An instrument. A language.
There are so many great things to do. Time is so restricting.
One day with my nose engrossed in a book, mom entered the room and said, “How many books will you read? You can’t finish them all!”
That made me think. I agreed with mom, for once. I am so eager to do it all. To fill every moment till it’s bursting from its seams. Mostly this desire actualizes as only an empty desperate want within, torn between the enchanting romance of being idle, eyes looking around for that perfect thing to do, not being satisfied with anything I take up. Oh, I’d rather do that. Ah, I’d rather do nothing!
There are people who find one thing they inexorably fall in love with and can’t imagine doing anything else. “I knew I had to be a writer”, “I eat, sleep and breathe soccer.” So easy. No conflict. You get up and you know what to do.
While I wake up everyday with a sinking feeling that my life is passing by as I watch helplessly. And then a stray comment from mom makes me realize that I cannot do it all. In this one lifetime, I have to choose. It can be 2, 3 or 10 things but its got to be finite. That in a life you have constants that stay and variables that you can toy with. And all this you have to figure in these limited days in a month, a year, a life. Take out old age, take out childhood from the equation and you have a very meager mass left. And then you tell me I’m FOMO!
This disappointing but liberating realization is a great thing to have happened. Especially now, in the beginning of the year. Now I can stop constantly feeling like a fish out of water. Breathe. It’s finite.
Cruel cruel creator put us in the middle of this amazeballs place and placed a harsh time limit to it. We are all Cinderellas.
So I’m like this curator of experiences, basically. An awesome article. A great picture. A little known scientist who changed the world. A popular artist who’s a scam. A quote. A person. A book. A man on the street; a king from the past. There are so many stories. So many awesome things that have happened, are happening, will happen in this world. As I hungrily try to gulp all this enchanting knowledge beverage from a bottomless cosmic glass.
It may be an obvious thing for most people. But I guess I’m a sadho. Searcher. Restless. Like, I even actually suffer from what’s called RLS - Restless Leg Syndrome. It’s an actual thing. A very small percentage of the population has it. Speaking of which, an unrelated revelation is I’m also one of the few to have the ‘Photic Sneeze Reflex’. It’s probably not a good idea for people like me to make fun of conditions like Anatidaephobia.
Coming back, I call God a matron because he made this wonderful, joyous experience but has placed a strict order in its matrix. So many good things to eat, but can’t eat too much.  Morning brings light but it goes. Glorious night arrives but it goes.
The thirst is unquenchable. Ignorance is bliss.
We only have to find the few that give us peace and purpose.
And to know that there’s no point looking for magic ‘cause we are magic ourselves. We are all stardust. We are a reflection of the universe.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower

It is right it should be so;
Man was made for Joy and Woe;
And when this we rightly know
Thro’ the World we safely go.

PS: This post has happened because it's a long weekend and I have satiated all rubbish things to do. The cream rises after you grind the curd. A little more time at hand and things you really want to do can start happening. 

posted by Fly @ 2:49 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home