Thursday, September 06, 2007

Who flicked my pen again?

I think the pen is the most stolen object in the world. It is excused beacuse of its low price and an acceptance over the years that a pen 'will' be flicked. Something like umbrellas. They will be 'left'. But pen flicking is a round the year activity. It not just disappears from my desk but also from inside the drawer which sometimes also has cash. Everything is intact, only the pen is missing. I have now started to think that someone is purposely doing this to me. It must be a prank. Because i loose pens by the minute, not even days. Surprisingly, there are some people who really protect their pens. Like my partner. She uses the same pen day after day. Its better than the office pen but not that good to be thought of as a gift to qualify its unusual permanency. Its more of a personal pledge. Thats worth an applaud but not aspirational for me. I better loose a pen than be freaky over having it lost. Well, now my friend has gifted me a pen. I have protected it so far. It's difficult cause i use it all the time. It's disappeared a few times but has come back and i think its the desire of not losing it thats bringing it back...friendship stuff..(lol). So lets see.

I also think it is the worst advertised object in the world.
Who would go and ask for the german tip? And sometimes they showcase the body of the pen like its some exotic femme fatale. A pen can be an extremely personal product. Besides, being the most stolen derives that it is the most desirable, isn't it?

I remember once when i was in school, suddenly there was this thing of writing with mitsubishi pens. I dont know from where it came, it wasn't even advertised, and unlike staedler products, it wasnt overpriced either. But i found myself buying it just because of that silent rage spreading. It's like someone comes to your desk picks your pen and exclaims. "oh mitsubishi!" then notices its not and keeps it back and leaves. Im still finding from where did that come.
Opinion leaders really operate.

posted by Fly @ 1:52 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home